Abbreviations:EBUS-TBNA (Endobronchial Ultrasound-guided Transbronchial Needle Aspiration), EUS-FNA (Endoscopic Ultrasound-guided Fine Needle Aspiration), FC (Flow cytometry), IHC (Immunohistochemistry), LPD (Lymphoproliferative disorders), NHL (Non-Hodgkin lymphoma), ROSE (Rapid on-site evaluation), SLL/CLL (Small cell lymphocytic lymphoma/chronic lymphocytic leukemia), WHO (World Health Organization)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Recommendations for initial evaluation, staging, and response assessment of Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma: the Lugano classification.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 3059-3068
- The 2008 WHO classification of lymphoid neoplasms and beyond: evolving concepts and practical applications.Blood. 2011; 117: 5019-5032
- Mediastinoscopy vs endosonography for mediastinal nodal staging of lung cancer: a randomized trial.Jama. 2010; 304: 2245-2252
- Comparison of Endobronchial Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration and Video-Assisted Mediastinoscopy for Mediastinal Staging of Lung Cancer.Lung. 2015; 193: 757-766
- Nine-year single center experience with cervical mediastinoscopy: complications and false negative rate.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 82 (discussion 1189-1190): 1185-1189
- Endosonographic mediastinal lymph node staging of lung cancer.Chest. 2014; 146: 389-397
- A prospective controlled trial of endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration compared with mediastinoscopy for mediastinal lymph node staging of lung cancer.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011; 142 (e1391): 1393-1400
- Endobronchial Ultrasound-Guided Transbronchial Needle Aspiration for the Diagnosis and Subtyping of Lymphoma.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2015; 12: 1336-1344
- Cytology Versus Histology in the Primary Diagnosis of Lymphoma Located in the Mediastinum.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 108: 244-248
- Endobronchial ultrasound and lymphoproliferative disorders: a retrospective study.Ann Thorac Surg. 2012; 94: 1830-1834
- A Multicenter Study on the Utility of EBUS-TBNA and EUS-B-FNA in the Diagnosis of Mediastinal Lymphoma.J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol. 2019; 26: 199-209
- Usefulness of EUS-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy in the diagnosis of suspected or recurring lymphoproliferative disorders.Surg Oncol. 2016; 25: 459-465
- Diagnosis and subtyping of de novo and relapsed mediastinal lymphomas by endobronchial ultrasound needle aspiration.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013; 188: 1216-1223
- Endobronchial Ultrasound-Transbronchial Needle Aspiration for Lymphoma in Patients With Low Suspicion for Lung Cancer and Mediastinal Lymphadenopathy.Ann Thorac Surg. 2016; 101: 1856-1863
- Comparison of 22-Gauge and 19-Gauge Needles in Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) Transbronchial Needle Aspiration (TBNA) in Mediastinum Lymph Node Assessment.CHEST. 2007; 132: 465B
IRB approval: CRCHUM IRB#: 19.214 (October 7, 2019)
The Institutional Review Board at the CHUM waived the need for informed consent.
Funding: This work was supported by the Marcel and Rolande Gosselin Chair in Thoracic Surgical Oncology, University of Montreal as well as the Institut du Cancer de Montréal.
Conflicts of Interest: Gabriel Dayan: none declared; Stephan Soder: none declared; Anny Godin: none declared; Antonio Maietta: none declared; Philippe Stephenson: none declared; Bernard Lemieux: none declared; Moishe Liberman: none declared.