Abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), IQR (interquartile range), MPM (malignant pleural mesothelioma), PCM (primary pericardial mesothelioma), SEER (Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging of primary cardiac tumors.Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2020; 10: 294-313
- Survival after resection of primary cardiac tumors: A 48-year experience.Circulation. 2008; 118: S7-S15
- Long-term outcomes of primary cardiac malignancies: Multi-institutional results from the national cancer database.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 2338-2347
- Malignant pericardial mesothelioma. Report of two cases, review of the literature and differential diagnosis.Tumori. 2005; 91: 276-279
- Treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: 1343-1373
- Primary pericardial mesothelioma and asbestos exposure: a rare fatal disease.BMJ Case Rep. 2017; 2017 (pii: bcr2017-219949)
- Magnetic resonance imaging findings in a patient with pericardial mesothelioma.Am Heart J. 1988; 115: 1321-1322
- A rare cause of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: Primary pericardial mesothelioma masquerading as pericardial constriction.BMJ Case Rep. 2014; 2014bcr2013203194
- Primary pericardial mesothelioma: A rare entity.Case Rep Oncol Med. 2013; 2013283601
- Primary pericardial mesothelioma presenting as pericardial constriction: A case report.Heart. 2004; 90: e4
- Malignant mesothelioma mortality — United States, 1999–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 214-218
- Comprehensive genomic analysis of malignant pleural mesothelioma identifies recurrent mutations, gene fusions and splicing alterations.Nat Genet. 2016; 48: 407-416
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma (Version 2.2021). https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/mpm.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2021.
- Bevacizumab for newly diagnosed pleural mesothelioma in the Mesothelioma Avastin Cisplatin Pemetrexed Study (MAPS): A randomised, controlled, open-label, phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2016; 387: 1405-1414
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma: ESMO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Ann Oncol. 2015; 26: v31-v39
- Triplet chemotherapy for malignant pericardial mesothelioma: A case report.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2006; 36: 245-248
- Efficacy and toxicity profile of maintenance pemetrexed in patients with stage IV adenocarcinoma lung in Indian population.South Asian J Cancer. 2016; 5: 196-203
- A multicenter phase II study of cisplatin, pemetrexed, and bevacizumab in patients with advanced malignant mesothelioma.Lung Cancer. 2012; 77: 567-571
- A case report of an extremely rare and aggressive tumor: Primary malignant pericardial mesothelioma.Rare Tumors. 2012; 4: e21
- Pericardial effusion due to primary malignant pericardial mesothelioma: A common finding but an uncommon cause.Case Rep Med. 2016; 20164810901
- Localized primary malignant pericardial mesothelioma.J Clin Ultrasound. 2019; 47: 178-181
- Primary Pericardial Mesothelioma: Report of a patient and literature review.Case Rep Oncol. 2009; 2: 125-132
- Factors influencing malignant mesothelioma survival: A retrospective review of the National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank cohort.F1000Res. 2018; 7: 1184
- Evaluation of the propensity score methods for estimating marginal odds ratios in case of small sample size.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2012; 12: 70
- Performance of matching methods in studies of rare diseases: A simulation study.Intractable Rare Dis Res. 2020; 9: 79-88
- Survival outcomes in patients with primary cardiac sarcoma in the United States.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; 162: 107-115
- Primary cardiac lymphoma.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. October 6, 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])
Drs. Reardon and Dobrilovic share senior authorship.
Funding information: No funding was provided.
Conflicts of interest: No potential conflicts exist.