Abbreviation:SVD (structural valve deterioration), TAVR (Transcatheter aortic valve replacement), FR (full root replacement), SC (subcoronary implant)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Ten-year outcome after aortic valve replacement with the freestyle stentless bioprosthesis.Ann Thor Surg. 2005; 80: 480-487
- Hemodynamic features of the freestyle aortic bioprosthesis compared with stented bioprosthesis.Ann Thor Surg. 1998; 66: S130-S133
- Hemodynamic and physical performance during maximal exercise in patients with an aortic bioprosthetic valve.J Am Coll Card. 1999; 34: 1609-1617
- Meta-analysis of valve hemodynamics and left ventricular mass regression for stentless vs stented aortic valves.Ann Thor Surg. 2007; 84: 73-78
- 2017 AHA/ACC focused update of the 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease.J Am Coll Card. 2017; 70: 254-289
- Patient outcome after aortic valve replacement with a mechanical or biologic prosthesis: weighing lifetime anticoagulant-related event risk against reoperation.J Thor Cardiovasc Surg. 2009; 137: 881-885
- 2014 HAH/ACC guideline for the anagement of patietns with valvular heart disease: executive summary.Circul. 2014; 130: 2440-2492
- Influence of age on longevity of a stentless aortic valve.Ann Thor Surg. 2020; 110: 500-507
- Very long-term outcomes of the Carpentier-Edwards perimount aortic valve in patietns aged 50-65 years.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016; 49: 1462-1468
- Twenty-year durability of the aortic Hancock II bioprsthesis in young patients: is it durable enough?.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2014; 46: 825-830
- the perimount valve in the aortic position: twenty-year experience with patients under 60 years old.Ann Thor Surg. 2014; 97: 1526-1532
- Tissue vs mechanical aortic valve replacement in younger patients: a multicenter analysis.J Thor Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 158: 1529-1538
- Bioprosthetic aortic valve replacement: revisiting prosthesis choice in patients younger than 50 years old.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 155: 539-547
- National Vital Statistics Reports. 2019; 68: 4
- Long-term results after Capentier-Edwards pericardial valve implantation, with attention to age.Heart Surg Forum. 2011; 14: 160-165
- Reoperation of left heart valve bioprosthesis according to age at implantation.Circul. 2001; 124: 75-80
- Very long-term outcomes of the Carpentier-Edwards perimount valve in aortic position.Ann Thor Surg. 2015; 99: 831-837
- Bioprosthetic valve durability after stentless aortic valve replacement: the effect of implantation technique.Ann Thorac Surg. 2014; 97: 2011-2018
- Reinterventions after freestyle stentless aortic valve replacement: an assessment of procedural risks.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2019; 56: 1117-1123
- Aortic valve reoperation after stentless bioprosthesis: short -and long-term outcomes.Ann Thorac Surg. 2018; 106: 521-525
- Structural deterioration of the Freestyle aortic valve: mode of presentation and mechanisms.J Thor Cardiovasc Surg. 2006; 132: 401-406
- Durability of pericardial vs porcine bioprosthetic heart valves.J Thor Cardiovasc Surg. 2012; 144: 1381-1386
- Valve in valve transcatheter aortic valve implantation (ViV-TAVI) vs redo-Surgical aortic valve replacement (redo-SAVR): A systematic review and meta-analysis.J Interv Cardiol. 2018; 31: 661-671https://doi.org/10.1111/joic.12520
- Early Outcomes for Valve-in-valve Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement in Degenerative Freestyle Bioprostheses.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 30: 262-268https://doi.org/10.1053/j.semtcvs2017.11.001
- Comparative performance of transcatheter aortic valve-in-valve implantation vs conventional surgical redo aortic valve replacement in patients with degenerated aortic valve bioprostheses: systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2018; 53: 495-504https://doi.org/10.1093/ejcts/ezx347
- Valve-in-Valve TAVR: State-of-the-Art Review.Innovations (Phila). 2019; 14: 299-310https://doi.org/10.1177/1556984519858020
- Pseudoaneurysm formation after Medtronic Freestyle porcine aortic bioprosthesis implantation: a word of caution.Ann Thorac Surg. 2014; 98: 2061-2067
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) of Spectrum Health approved the study protocol and publication of data on November 16, 2020 (project number: 2011-071-SH/HDVCH). Patient written consent for the publication of the study was waived by the IRB.
Funding: This study did not receive any outside funding. Statistical support was provided by the Frederik Meijer Heart and Vascular Institute.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no conflict of interest.