Abbreviations:GNI (Gross National Income), IQR (interquartile range), LMICs (low- and middle-income countries), NGO (non-governmental organization), SD (standard deviation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Cardiac surgery in developing countries.J Extra Corpor Technol. 2017; 49: 98-106
- Global, regional, and national burden of cardiovascular diseases for 10 causes, 1990 to 2015.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 1-25
- Global cardiac surgery: Access to cardiac surgical care around the world.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 159 (e6): 987-996
- Presidential address: Changing boundaries.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001; 122: 413-418
- Survey of nongovernmental organizations providing pediatric cardiovascular care in low- and middle-income countries.World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg. 2014; 5: 248-255
- Surgical non-governmental organizations: Global surgery's unknown nonprofit sector.World J Surg. 2016; 40: 1823-1841
World Bank Country and Lending Groups – World Bank Data Help Desk. Accessed January 9, 2021. https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groups
Organizations. Idealist. Published 2020. Accessed May 30, 2020. https://www.idealist.org/en/organizations?q=&searchMode=true
International Medical Volunteers Association. International Medical Volunteers Association. Published 2020. Accessed May 30, 2020. http://www.imva.org/
American College of Surgeons. Operation Giving Back. Operation Giving Back. Published 2020. Accessed May 30, 2020. https://operationgivingback.facs.org/opportunities
Volunteer Medical Services Abroad. Society for Pediatric Anesthesia. Published 2020. Accessed May 30, 2020. http://www5.pedsanesthesia.org/vmsa_search.iphtml
Candid. GuideStar. GuideStar. Published 2020. Accessed May 30, 2020. https://www.guidestar.org/
- Financial contribution to global surgery: an analysis of 160 international charitable organisations.Lancet. 2015; 385: S52
- Closing the borders: The unmet need of congenital heart surgery during the COVID-19 pandemic.J Card Surg. 2020; 35: 3665
- Global Cardiac Surgery and the COVID-19 Pandemic: Bouncing Back, Higher Than Before?.CTSNet. 2020; https://doi.org/10.25373/CTSNET.12702329
- Ten-year clinical experience of humanitarian cardiothoracic surgery in Rwanda: Building a platform for ultimate sustainability in a resource-limited setting.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 155: 2541-2550
- 50 Years of Children's HeartLink and the Partnerships in Brazil.Braz J Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 35: IV-VI
Funding Source: None.
Conflicts of Interest: None.