Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Medieval Days and Ways.The Macmillan Company, New York1937
- Cardiovascular Surgery in Panama: Evolution and Training.Semin Thorac Cardiovas Surg. 2023; 35: 69-72
Cardiovascular Disease and Statistics. “Adult cardiac surgery in New York State 2015-2017.” https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/cardiovascular/heart_disease/docs/2015-2017_adult_cardiac_surgery.pdf. Accessed October 15, 2021
- Patient-level costs of major cardiovascular conditions: a review of the international literature.Clinicoecon Outcomes Res. 2016; 8: 495-506https://doi.org/10.2147/CEOR.S89331
- Shortage of cardiothoracic surgeons is likely by 2020.Circulation. 2009; 120: 488-494https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.108.776278
American Association for Thoracic Surgery. "Critical shortage of cardiothoracic surgeons anticipated by 2035: Researchers urge steps be taken now to train more surgeons to meet burgeoning future needs." ScienceDaily, 2016. www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/05/160517120520.htm. Accessed October 15, 2021.
Conflicts of Interest: There are no relevant conflicts of interest or funding sources to disclose.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Cardiovascular Surgery in Panama: Evolution and TrainingSeminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular SurgeryVol. 35Issue 1
- PreviewCardiovascular surgery in Panama has depended on constant contributions and support from other developed countries. Although cardiac surgery has reached important milestones, cardiac surgery training is still evolving. Here, we provide a look into both the development and training of cardiac surgery in the Republic of Panama and the importance of international training.