Abbreviations:CPB (cardiopulmonary bypass), IQR (interquartile range), LVEF (left ventricular ejection fraction), MR (mitral regurgitation), MV (mitral valve), O/E (observed-to-expected ratio), RV (right ventricle), RVSP (right ventricular systolic pressure), STS-PROM (Society of Thoracic Surgeons – Predicted Risk of Mortality), TEER (transcatheter edge-to-edge repair), TR (tricuspid regurgitation), TV (tricuspid valve)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- 2020 ACC/AHA guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: Executive summary: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: 450-500
- 2017 ESC/EACTS guidelines for the management of valvular heart disease.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 2739-2791
- Outcomes with transcatheter mitral valve repair in the United States: An STS/ACC TVT Registry Report.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 2315-2327
- Combined tricuspid and mitral versus isolated mitral valve repair for severe MR and TR: An analysis from the TriValve and TRAMI registries.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 13: 543-550
- Role of the tricuspid regurgitation after mitraclip and transcatheter aortic valve implantation: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 19: 654-659
- Mitral surgery after transcatheter edge-to-edge repair: Society of Thoracic Surgeons database analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 78: 1-9
- Combined mitral and tricuspid versus isolated mitral valve transcatheter edge-to-edge repair in patients with symptomatic valve regurgitation at high surgical risk.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11: 1142-1151
- Predictors of procedural and clinical outcomes in patients with symptomatic tricuspid regurgitation undergoing transcatheter edge-to-edge repair.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11: 1119-1128
- Transcatheter treatment of tricuspid regurgitation using edge-to-edge repair: procedural results, clinical implications and predictors of success.EuroIntervention. 2018; 14: e290-e297
- Mitral valve surgery after transcatheter edge-to-edge repair: Mid-term outcomes from the CUTTING-EDGE international registry.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2021; 14: 2010-2021
- Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2003; 16: 777-802
- Clinical trial design principles and endpoint definitions for transcatheter mitral valve repair and replacement: Part 2: Endpoint definitions: A consensus document from the mitral valve academic research consortium.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 308-321
- Impact of tricuspid regurgitation on clinical outcomes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 76: 1305-1314
- Association of tricuspid regurgitation with clinical and echocardiographic outcomes after percutaneous mitral valve repair with the MitraClip system: 30-day and 12-month follow-up from the GRASP registry.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 15: 1246-1255
- Tricuspid regurgitation is a predictor of mortality after percutaneous mitral valve edge-to-edge repair.EuroIntervention. 2017; 12: e1817-e1824
- Fate of tricuspid regurgitation in patients undergoing transcatheter edge-to-edge mitral valve repair.EuroIntervention. 2021;
- Combined tricuspid and mitral versus isolated mitral valve repair for severe MR and TR.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 13: 543-550
- Concomitant tricuspid repair in patients with degenerative mitral regurgitation.N Engl J Med. 2022; 386: 327-339
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosures: Dr Zaid has nothing to disclose. Dr Denti receives speakers’ honoraria from Abbott and Edwards Lifesciences and a consultant for InnovHeart. Dr Tang is a physician proctor for Medtronic, and a consultant for Medtronic, NeoChord, and Abbott and a physician advisory board member for Abbott and JenaValve. Dr Nazif has equity in Venus Medtech; and has received consulting fees or honoraria from Keystone Heart, Edwards Lifesciences, Medtronic, and Boston Scientific. Dr Bapat has served as a consultant for Medtronic, Edwards Lifesciences, 4C Medical, and Boston Scientific. Dr Kaneko is a speaker for Edwards Lifesciences, Medtronic, Abbott and Baylis Medical and is a consultant for 4C Medical. Dr Modine is a physician proctor and consultant for Medtronic, Edwards Lifesciences and Abbott.
Read at the AATS 101st Annual Meeting: A Virtual Learning Experience, April 30–May 2, 2021.
IRB Approval Number: AAAS9970; Approval date: March 24, 2021.
This study was presented at the American Association for Thoracic Surgery Annual Meeting, 2021.