Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Randomized trial of surgical left atrial appendage closure: protection against cerebral events.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; ([In press])https://doi.org/10.1053/j.semtcvs.2022.06.012
- Subclinical atrial fibrillation and the risk of stroke.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 120-129https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1105575
- The left atrial appendage: our most lethal human attachment! Surgical implications.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2000; 17: 718-722https://doi.org/10.1016/s1010-7940(00)00419-x
- Association between left atrial appendage occlusion and readmission for thromboembolism among patients with atrial fibrillation undergoing concomitant cardiac surgery.JAMA. 2018; 319: 365-374https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.20125
- Impact of left atrial appendage closure during cardiac surgery on the occurrence of early postoperative atrial fibrillation, stroke, and mortality: a propensity score-matched analysis of 10 633 patients.Circulation. 2017; 135: 366-378https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.116.021952
Ando M, Funamoto M, Cameron DE, et al. Concomitant surgical closure of left atrial appendage: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J thorac cardiovas surg 156:1071–1080.e1072, 20118. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2018.03.017.
- Beneficial effect of left atrial appendage closure during cardiac surgery: a meta-analysis of 280 585 patients.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2020; 57: 252-262https://doi.org/10.1093/ejcts/ezz289
- Left atrial appendage occlusion during cardiac surgery to prevent stroke.New Engl J Med. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2101897
- Outcomes of left atrial appendage occlusion using the AtriClip device: a systematic review.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2019; 29: 655-662https://doi.org/10.1093/icvts/ivz156
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosures: Dr. McCarthy: Edwards Lifesciences: speaker, royalties; Atricure, Medtronic: speaker; Abbott: PI for REPAIR MR (unpaid); Egnite: advisory board; Kruse: None.