Abbreviations:R-DSO (reverse double switch operation), LV (left ventricle), mLV (morphologic left ventricle), mRV (morphologic right ventricle), BDG (bidirectional Glenn), HLHS (hypoplastic left heart syndrome), MS (mitral stenosis), AS (aortic stenosis), DORV (double outlet right ventricle), TGA (transposition of the great arteries), LV-PA (left ventricle to pulmonary artery), iEDV (end diastolic volume index), EF (ejection fraction), EFE (endocardial fibroelastosis), CI (cardiac index), LVEDP (left ventricular end diastolic pressure), RVEDP (right ventricular end diastolic pressure), LVEDV (left ventricular end diastolic volume), SVC (superior vena cava), IVC (inferior vena cava), ASD (atrial septal defect), PVR (pulmonary vascular resistance), PLE (protein losing enteropathy), ccTGA (congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries), LVOT (left ventricular outflow tract), NYHA (New York Heart Association)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Operations for improving left ventricular diastolic function.Curr Opin Cardiol. 2016; 31: 101-108
- Protein-losing enteropathy after the Fontan operation: An international multicenter study. PLE study group.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1998; 115: 1063-1073
- Demographic characteristics and estimated prevalence of Fontan-associated plastic bronchitis.Pediatr Cardiol. 2013; 34: 256-261
- Liver and cardiac function in the long term after Fontan operation.Ann Thorac Surg. 2008; 86: 177-182
- Hemodynamic parameters predict adverse outcomes following biventricular conversion with single-ventricle palliation takedown.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 154: 572-582
- Combined atrial arterial switch operation (double switch) for hearts with Shone syndrome and pulmonary hypertension.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006; 131: 471-473
- 1.5-Ventricle repair using left ventricle as the subpulmonary ventricle.Ann Thorac Surg. 2020; 110: e529-e530
- Biventricular converstion in unseptatable hearts: “Ventricular switch.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; 33: 172-180
- Biventricular strategies for neonatal critical aortic stenosis: High mortality associated with early reintervention.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012; 144: 409-417
- Left ventricular recruitment in patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Ann. 2021; 24: 30-36
- Biventricular conversion in the borderline hypoplastic heart.Curr Cardiol Rep. 2020; 22: 115
- Risk factors for failed Fontan procedure after Stage 2 palliation.Ann Thorac Surg. 2021; 11: 610-618
- The relentless effects of the Fontan paradox.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu. 2016; 19: 37-43
- Evaluation and management of the child and adult with Fontan circulation: A scientific statement from the.American Heart Association. Circulation. 2019; 140: e234-e284
- Long-term outcomes after first-onset arrhythmia in Fontan physiology.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016; 152 (e1): 1355-1363
- Thrombotic and embolic complications associated with atrial arrhythmia after Fontan operation: Role of prophylactic therapy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: 1312-1319
- Ventricular pacing in single ventricles-A bad combination.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: 853-857
- Australia and New Zealand Fontan Registry. The extracardiac conduit Fontan procedure in Australia and New Zealand: Hypoplastic left heart syndrome predicts worse early and late outcomes.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2014; 46: 465-473
- Fontan failure and death in contemporary Fontan circulation: Analysis from the last two decades.Ann Thorac Surg. 2018; 105: 1240-1247
- Predictors of survival in neonates with critical aortic stenosis.Circulation. 1991; 84: 2325-2335
- The infant with aortic arch hypoplasia and small left heart structures: Echocardiographic indices of mitral and aortic hypoplasia predicting successful biventricular repair.Pediatr Cardiol. 2017; 38: 1296-1304
- Predictors of outcome of biventricular repair in infants with multiple left heart obstructive lesions.Circulation. 2001; 104: 682-687
- Left ventricular remodeling and function in children with biventricular circulation after fetal aortic valvuloplasty.Pediatr Cardiol. 2015; 36: 1502-1509
- Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries: Anatomic, physiologic repair, and palliation.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu. 2019; 22: 32-42
- Biventricular converstion after Fontan completion: A preliminary experience.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; 163: 1211-1223
- Early prophylactic pulmonary artery banding in isolated congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010; 38: 728-734
- Staged left ventricular recruitment after single-ventricle palliation in patients with borderline left heart hypoplasia.JACC. 2012; 60: 1966-1974
- Cardiac magnetic resonance versus routine cardiac catheterization before bidirectional Glenn anastomosis in infants with functional single ventricle. A prospective randomized trial.Circulation. 2007; 116: 2718-2725
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosures: SME is a consultant for Cheisi Pharmaceuticals.
Read at the AATS 102nd Annual Meeting, May 14-17, 2022, Boston, MA.
We have no related conflicts of interest. We have no external sources of funding to report.
IRB-P00037216, approved 10/29/20.
AATS Meeting Presentation.