Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm.Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2012; 1: 277-285
- Open repair remains the gold standard.JTCVS Tech. 2022; 10: 16-23
- Thoracic endovascular repair first for extensive aortic disease: The staged hybrid approach.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016; 49: 764-769
- Staged hybrid repair of type II thoracoabdominal aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 74: 20-27
- Cardiac pathology of systemic lupus erythematosus.J Clin Path. 2009; 62: 584-592
- Staged hybrid repair for extent II thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms and dissections.Oper Tech Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 19: 238-251
- Comparative outcomes of open, hybrid, and fenestrated branched endovascular repair of extent II and III thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 1503-1514
- Contemporary analysis of descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair.Circulation. 2008; 118: 808-817
- Staged endovascular repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms limits incidence and severity of spinal cord ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61: 347-354
- Improved outcomes and value in staged hybrid extent II thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 1357-1363
- Random forest missing data algorithms.Stat Anal and Data Min. 2017; 10: 363-377
- Variable importance in binary regression trees and forests.Electron J Statist. 2007; 1: 519-537
- Greedy function approximation: A gradient boosting machine.Ann Stat. 2001; 29: 1189-1232
- A bootstrap resampling procedure for model building: Application to the Cox regression model.Statist Med. 1992; 11: 2093-2109
- Bagging predictors.Mach Learn. 1996; 24: 123-140
- Boosted multivariate trees for longitudinal data.Mach Learn. 2017; 106: 277-305
- Transluminal placement of endovascular stent-grafts for the treatment of descending thoracic aortic aneurysms.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 1729-1734
- The frozen elephant trunk technique: A new treatment for thoracic aortic aneurysms.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003; 125: 1550-1553
- Epidemiology of descending thoracic aneurysm repair: TEVAR supplemented and did not supplant open repair.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 72S
- Endovascular aortic repair versus open surgical repair for descending thoracic aortic disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis of comparative studies.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 986-1001
- Long-term outcomes of intervention between open repair and endovascular aortic repair for descending aortic pathologies: A propensity-matched analysis.BMC Surg. 2020; 20: 1-13
- Staged hybrid approach using proximal thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair and distal open repair for the treatment of extensive thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 56: 1495-1502
- Staged hybrid repair of extensive thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms secondary to chronic aortic dissection.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 62-69
- Early and late results of descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm open repair with deep hypothermia and circulatory arrest.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010; 140: S154-S160
- Outcomes after thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair using hypothermic circulatory arrest.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013; 145: S139-S141
- Staged approach prevents spinal cord injury in hybrid surgical-endovascular thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair: An experimental model.Ann Thorac Surg. 2011; 92: 138-146
- Endovascular coil embolization of segmental arteries prevents paraplegia after subsequent thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair: An experimental model.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 147: 220-226
- Staged repair significantly reduces paraplegia rate after extensive thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010; 139: 1464-1472
- Impact of previous thoracic aneurysm repair on thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm management.Ann Thorac Surg. 1997; 64: 639-650
- Outcomes of 3309 thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repairs.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016; 151: 1323-1337
- The collateral network concept: Remodeling of the arterial collateral network after experimental segmental artery sacrifice.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011; 141: 1029-1036
- Mortality and paraplegia after thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair: A risk factor analysis.Ann Thorac Surg. 2000; 69: 409-414
- Outcome and risk factor analysis of patients who underwent open infrarenal aortic aneurysm repair.Asian J Surg. 2016; 39: 164-171
- Commentary: When balancing risks of thoracic endovascular aortic repair, renal dysfunction weighs heavily.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 159: 414-415
- Total aortic arch repair: Risk factor analysis and follow-up in 199 patients.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016; 50: 940-948
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Poster exhibited at the AATS 101st Annual Meeting: A Virtual Learning Experience, April 30 - May 2, 2021.
Material from this manuscript was presented as a poster at the 2021 American Association for Thoracic Surgery annual meeting.
This study was sponsored in part by the High Risk Cardiovascular Research Philanthropic Fund (Roselli).
Dr. Roselli discloses consulting relationships with Cook, CryoLife, Gore, Medtronic, and TerumoAortic.
IRB#: 4826, approved 03/24/2021 with waiver of informed consent.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Commentary: A Tale of Two OperationsSeminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- PreviewUltra-hybrid repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms (TAAAs) involves endovascular stenting of the descending thoracic aorta followed by distal open completion with a graft sutured to the distal end of the endograft.1 Hypothesized benefits include avoiding deep hypothermic circulatory arrest (DHCA) and decreasing spinal cord ischemia by allowing vascular collateralization between operations, as demonstrated in porcine models.2,3 Thompson et al. evaluate their single-center experience with ultra-hybrid repair among 92 patients undergoing open TAAA repair after prior stenting in the descending thoracic aorta with thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair (75%, n = 69), frozen elephant trunk (5.4%, n = 5), or both (20%, n = 18).