Ultra-hybrid repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms provides satisfactory results in this high-risk population, however, traditional open repair remains the gold standard.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Thoracic endovascular repair first for extensive aortic disease: The staged hybrid approach.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016; 49: 764-769https://doi.org/10.1093/ejcts/ezv274
- Staged approach for spinal cord protection in hybrid thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair.Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2012; 1: 325-328https://doi.org/10.3978/j.issn.2225-319X.2012.06.03
- Endovascular coil embolization of segmental arteries prevents paraplegia after subsequent thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair: An experimental model.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 147: 220-226https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2013.09.022
- Ultra-hybrid repair: Open thoracoabdominal completion after descending stent grafting.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; (In press)
- Improved outcomes and value in staged hybrid extent II thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 1357-1363https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2017.03.420
- Application of deep hypothermic circulatory arrest in open left chest aortic aneurysm repair.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2021.03.080
- Outcomes after thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair using hypothermic circulatory arrest.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013; 145: S139-S141https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2012.11.077
- Early and late results of descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm open repair with deep hypothermia and circulatory arrest.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010; 140 (S154-60; discussion S185-S190)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2010.08.054
Published online: October 19, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Ultra-Hybrid Repair: Open Thoracoabdominal Completion After Descending Stent GraftingSeminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- PreviewTo characterize patient risk profiles and outcomes associated with staged ultra-hybrid repair of extensive aortic disease, in which open thoracoabdominal completion was performed after thoracic stent grafting. From 1/2006 to 1/2021, 92 patients underwent open thoracoabdominal repair of chronic dissection (n=58, 63%), degenerative aneurysm (n=28, 30%), endoleak (n=4, 4.3%), or symptomatic acute type B dissection (n=2, 2.2%) after descending thoracic stent grafting (69, 75%), frozen elephant trunk (5, 5%), or both (18, 20%).