Abbreviations:COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), IQR (interquartile range), LAS (lung allocation score), LVEF (left ventricular ejection fraction), PTR (Potential Transplant Recipient), UNOS (United Network for Organ Sharing)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- OPTN/SRTR 2019 annual data report: Lung.Am J Transplant. 2021; 21: 441-520https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.16495
- Allograft discard risk index for lung transplantation.J Hear Lung Transplant. 2021; 40: 1658-1667https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healun.2021.08.017
- OPTN/SRTR 2018 Annual data report: Deceased organ donation.Am J Transplant. 2020; 20: 509-541https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.15678
- Sequence of refusals for donor quality, organ utilization, and survival after lung transplantation.J Hear Lung Transplant. 2019; 38: 35-42https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healun.2018.08.009
- Center variability in organ offer acceptance and waitlist mortality in lung transplantation.J Hear Lung Transplant. 2019; 38: S103-S104https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healun.2019.01.243
- Transplant center variability in organ offer acceptance and mortality among us patients on the heart transplant waitlist.Jama Cardiol. 2020; 5: 660-668https://doi.org/10.1001/jamacardio.2020.0659
- Development of the new lung allocation system in the United States.Am J Transplant. 2006; 6: 1212-1227https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-6143.2006.01276.x
- Lung and heart allocation in the United States.Am J Transplant. 2012; 12: 3213-3234https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-6143.2012.04258.x
- Validation of the revised Schwartz estimating equation in a predominantly non-CKD population.Pediatr Nephrol. 2010; 25: 2321-2326https://doi.org/10.1007/s00467-010-1598-7
- Hepatic dysfunction and survival after orthotopic heart transplantation: Application of the MELD scoring system for outcome prediction.J Hear Lung Transplant. 2012; 31: 591-600https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healun.2012.02.008
- Lung transplantation: Candidate selection and timing of transplant.Curr Opin Organ Tran. 2021; 26: 302-308https://doi.org/10.1097/mot.0000000000000879
- Heart and lung organ offer acceptance practices of transplant programs are associated with waitlist mortality and organ yield.Am J Transplant. 2018; 18: 2061-2067https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.14885
- Non-utilization of hearts and lungs after consent for donation: A Canadian multicentre study.Can J Anesthesia. 2006; 53: 831-837https://doi.org/10.1007/bf03022801
- Variability in donor organ offer acceptance and lung transplantation survival.J Hear Lung Transplant. 2020; 39: 353-362https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healun.2019.12.010
- Behavioral economics—A framework for donor organ decision-making in pediatric heart transplantation.Pediatr Transplant. 2020; 24: e13655https://doi.org/10.1111/petr.13655
- Increasing donor sequence number is not associated with inferior outcomes in lung transplantation.J Cardiac Surg. 2020; 35: 286-293https://doi.org/10.1111/jocs.14343
- Donor lung sequence number and survival after lung transplantation in the United States.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2018; 16: 313-320https://doi.org/10.1513/annalsats.201802-100oc
- Outcomes of lung transplantation at a canadian center using donors declined in the United States.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2021.11.098
- The weekend effect alters the procurement and discard rates of deceased donor kidneys in the United States.Kidney Int. 2016; 90: 157-163https://doi.org/10.1016/j.kint.2016.03.007
- Variation of heart transplant rates in the United States during holidays.Clin Transplant. 2014; 28: 877-882https://doi.org/10.1111/ctr.12396
- Kidney discard rates in the united states during American transplant congress meetings.Transplant Direct. 2018; 5: e412https://doi.org/10.1097/txd.0000000000000849
- Deceased brain dead donor liver transplantation and utilization in the United States.Transplantation. 2018; (Publish Ahead of Print(NA;):NA)https://doi.org/10.1097/tp.0000000000002533
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: National Institutes of Health , R01HL147957 : “Novel Methods to Grow the Impact of Pediatric Thoracic Transplantation;” Principal investigators: David L. S. Morales, MD, Farhan Zafar, MD, MS.
Conflict of interest: The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Read at the 48th Annual Meeting of the Western Thoracic Surgical Association, June 22 - 25, 2022, Koloa, Hawaii.
Meeting Presentation: Presentation at the podium at the Western Thoracic Surgical Association 48th Annual Meeting, June 25th, 2022, Koloa, HI, USA.
IRB: #2018-6837; date of approval: 10/29/2018