Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Report to the Congress: Medicare Payment Policy. https://www.medpac.gov/wp-content/uploads/import_data/scrape_files/docs/default-source/reports/mar21_medpac_report_to_the_congress_sec.pdf
Five-Star Quality Rating System. Published online April 5, 2022. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/CertificationandComplianc/FSQRS
- Sources of Hospital Variation in Postacute Care Spending After Cardiac Surgery.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2020; 13e006449
- Long-Term Fate of Patients Discharged to Extended Care Facilities After Cardiovascular Surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 2013; 96: 871-877
- Variation in Hospital Use of Postacute Care After Surgery and the Association With Care Quality.Med Care. 2016; 54: 172-179
- The evolution of cardiovascular surgery in elderly patient: a review of current options and outcomes.Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014736298
- Association between older age and outcome after cardiac surgery: a population-based cohort study.J Cardiothorac Surg. 2014; 9: 177
Heart Health and Aging. NIH: National Institute on Aging. Published online June 1, 2018. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/heart-health-and-aging#:∼:text=Adults%20age%2065%20and%20older,risk%20of%20developing%20cardiovascular%20disease.
- Skilled Care Requirements for Elderly Patients After Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 1133-1137
- Skilled nursing facility (SNF) utilization and impact of SNF star-quality ratings on outcomes following hepatectomy among Medicare beneficiaries.HPB. 2020; 22: 109-115
- Impact of skilled nursing facility quality on postoperative outcomes after pancreatic surgery.Surgery. 2019; 166: 1-7
- Identification of in-hospital complications from claims data. Is it valid?.Med Care. 2000; 38: 785-795
- Use of administrative data to find substandard care: validation of the complications screening program.Med Care. 2000; 38: 796-806
- Identifying complications of care using administrative data.Med Care. 1994; 32: 700-715
- Association between skilled nursing facility quality indicators and hospital readmissions.JAMA. 2014; 312: 1542-1551
- The association between skilled nursing facility care quality and 30-day readmission rates after hospitalization for heart failure.Am J Med Qual. 2015; 30: 205-213
- Risk of Not Being Discharged Home After Isolated Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Operations.Ann Thorac Surg. 2013; 96: 1287-1292
- Quality of Post-Acute Care in Skilled Nursing Facilities That Disproportionately Serve Hispanics With Dementia.Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 2020; 21 (e3): 1705-1711https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2020.06.030
Worcester S. Hospital-SNF Partnerships Prevent Readmissions. Caring for the Ages. 2015;16(6):9. doi:10.1016/j.carage.2015.05.014
- Preventing Avoidable Re-hospitalizations Through a Hospital Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) Partnership: Systematic Review of Clinical Protocols.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: B21
- Cardiac rehabilitation in skilled nursing facilities: a missed opportunity.Heart Lung. 2012; 41: 115-124
- Will Bundled Payments Change Health Care?: Examining the Evidence Thus Far in Cardiovascular Care.Circulation. 2015; 131: 2151-2158
- Medicare's Bundled Payment Initiative: Most Hospitals Are Focused On A Few High-Volume Conditions.Health Aff. 2015; 34: 371-380
What Are Bundled Payments? NEJM Catalyst. Published online February 28, 2018. https://catalyst.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/CAT.18.0247
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Poster exhibited at the AATS 102nd Annual Meeting, May 14-17, 2022, Boston, MA
Meeting Presentation: Findings from this study were presented at the 102nd American Association of Thoracic Surgeons 2022 Annual Meeting in Boston, MA.
Disclosures: Dr. Donald S. Likosky receives research funding from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (R01HS026003 AHRQ) and the National Institutes of Health (R01HL146619) and serves as a consultant for the American Society of Extracorporeal Technology. Dr. Donald S. Likosky receives partial salary support from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to advance quality in Michigan in conjunction with the Michigan Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons Quality Collaborative. Dr. Francis D. Pagani is an ad hoc, non-compensated scientific advisor for Medtronic, Abbott, FineHeart, and CH Biomedical and a member of the Data Safety Monitoring Board for Carmat and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute PumpKIN Study. Keith D. Aaronson has consulting relationships with Medtronic (honoraria) and Abbott (honoraria). Dr. Ailawadi is a consultant for Abbott. Dr. Stewart is receiving full salary support from the Veterans Affairs (VA) as a National Clinician Scholars Program (NCSP) research fellow at the University of Michigan. The views of this manuscript do not represent the VA.