Abbreviations:AV (atrioventricular valve), CO (cardiac output), CON (control valve), NTV (normal tricuspid valve), LT (leaflet tethering valve), DIL (dilation valve), DIS (disease valve), HLHS (hypoplastic left heart syndrome), HR (heart rate), MAP (mean arterial pressure), RV (right ventricle), SCP (septal circumferential percentage), SV (single ventricle), SVP (single ventricle physiology), TR (tricuspid regurgitation), TV (tricuspid valve)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Atrioventricular valve failure in fontan palliation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 810-822
- Multi-Institutional studies: Lessons learned from the pediatric heart network single ventricle reconstruction trial.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu. 2010; 13: 76-78
- Transplant-Free survival and interventions at 6 years in the SVR trial.Circulation. 2018; 137: 2246-2253
- Atrioventricular valve repair in patients with functional single-ventricle physiology: Impact of ventricular and valve function and morphology on survival and reintervention.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011; 142 (e2): 326-335
- The morphologically tricuspid valve in hypoplastic left heart syndrome.Eur J Cardio-Thorac Surg. 1997; 12: 587-592
- Secondary tricuspid regurgitation or dilatation: Which should be the criteria for surgical repair?.Ann Thorac Surg. 2005; 79: 127-132
- Outcomes and risk factors associated with tricuspid valve repair in children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.Eur J Cardio-Thorac Surg. 2018; 54: 993-1000
- Effect of earlier atrioventricular valve intervention on survival after the Fontan operation.Am J Cardiol. 2020; 137: 103-110
- Distribution of cardiac output and oxygen delivery in an acute animal model of single-ventricle physiology.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005; 130: 1062-1070
- Three-dimensional geometry of the tricuspid annulus in healthy subjects and in patients with functional tricuspid regurgitation: A real-time, 3-dimensional echocardiographic study.Circulation. 2006; 114: 1492-1498
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome.Congenital Heart Defects. Steinkopff, 2009: 122-129
- Right ventricular shape and function: cardiovascular magnetic resonance reference morphology and biventricular risk factor morphometrics in UK Biobank.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2019; 21: 41
- Tricuspid regurgitation in hypoplastic left heart syndrome: Mechanistic insights from 3-dimensional echocardiography and relationship with outcomes.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 7 (Epub 2014 Jul 29): 765-772https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCIMAGING.113.001161
- Modeling conduit choice for valve-sparing aortic root replacement on biomechanics with a 3-dimensional–printed heart simulator.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 158: 392-403
- The normal ranges of cardiovascular parameters measured using the ultrasonic cardiac output monitor.Physiol Rep. 2017; 5: e13195
- Normal ranges of heart rate and respiratory rate in children from birth to 18 years of age: A systematic review of observational studies.Lancet. 2011; 377: 1011-1018
- Development and ex vivo validation of novel force-sensing Neochordae for measuring Chordae Tendineae tension in the mitral valve apparatus using optical fibers with embedded Bragg gratings.J Biomech Eng. 2020; 142: 0145011-9
- Pressure-induced microstructural changes in porcine tricuspid valve leaflets.Acta Biomaterialia. 2018; 67: 248-258
- Integration of polarized spatial frequency domain imaging (pSFDI) with a biaxial mechanical testing system for quantification of load-dependent collagen architecture in soft collagenous tissues.Acta Biomaterialia. 2020; 102: 149-168
- Tricuspid valve leaflet strains in the beating ovine heart.Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 2019; 18: 1351-1361https://doi.org/10.1007/s10237-019-01148-y
- Finite element analysis of tricuspid valve deformation from multi-slice computed tomography images.Ann Biomed Eng. 2018; 46: 1112-1127
- In vitro assessment of available coaptation area as a novel metric for the quantification of tricuspid valve coaptation.J Biomech. 2013; 46: 832-836
- Measurement of strut chordal forces of the tricuspid valve using miniature C ring transducers.J Biomech. 2012; 45: 1084-1091
- A detailed mechanical and microstructural analysis of ovine tricuspid valve leaflets.Acta Biomater. 2020; 102: 100-113
- Geometric determinants of functional tricuspid regurgitation: Insights from 3-dimensional echocardiography.Circulation. 2006; 114: 143-149
- In vitro characterization of the mechanisms responsible for functional tricuspid regurgitation.Circulation. 2011; 124: 920-929
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Read at the AATS 101st Annual Meeting: Featuring Aortic Symposium and Mitral Conclave, A Virtual Learning Experience, April 30-May 2, 2021.
This work was presented at the American Association of Thoracic Surgeon's 101st Meeting, Virtual, April 2021.
The authors have no conflicts of interest.
Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health (KL2TR003143) and the Stanford Maternal & Child Health Research Institute Pilot Grant Program. This work was also supported in part by the National Institutes of Health (NIH R01 HL089315-01, Y.J.W.). Part of this work was performed at the Stanford Nano Shared Facilities (SNSF), supported by the National Science Foundation (ECCS-1542152).