Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Malperfusion syndromes in type A aortic dissection: What we have learned from IRAD.J Vis Surg. 2018; 4: 65https://doi.org/10.21037/jovs.2018.03.13
- Immediate operation for acute type A aortic dissection complicated by visceral or peripheral malperfusion.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 156: 18-24.e3https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2018.01.096
- Endovascular fenestration/stenting first followed by delayed open aortic repair for acute Type A aortic dissection with malperfusion syndrome.Circulation. 2018; 138: 2091-2103https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.118.036328
- Systematic review of the efficacy of a hybrid operating theatre in the management of severe trauma.World J Emerg Surg. 2021; 16: 43https://doi.org/10.1186/s13017-021-00390-z
- Clinical presentation, management, and short-term outcome of patients with type A acute dissection complicated by mesenteric malperfusion: observations from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013; 145: 385-390.e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2012.01.042
- Malperfusion rather than merely timing of operative repair determines early and late outcome in type A aortic dissection.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 154: 81-86https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2017.03.041
- The “thoracic endovascular aortic repair-first” strategy for acute type A dissection with mesenteric malperfusion: Initial results compared with conventional algorithms.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 158: 1516-1524https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2019.01.116
- The profound impact of combined severe acidosis and malperfusion on operative mortality in the surgical treatment of type A aortic dissection.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 155: 897-904https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2017.11.002
- Management of type A dissection with malperfusion.Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2016; 5: 26574https://doi.org/10.3978/11143
- Early reperfusion strategy improves the outcomes of surgery for type A acute aortic dissection with malperfusion.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 156: 483-489https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2018.02.007
- Operative delay for peripheral malperfusion syndrome in acute type A aortic dissection: A long-term analysis.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008; 135: 1288-1295https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2008.01.026
- Managing patients with acute type A aortic dissection and mesenteric malperfusion syndrome: A 20-year experience.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 158: 675-687.e4https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2018.11.127
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons/American Association for Thoracic Surgery clinical practice guidelines on the management of type B aortic dissection.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; 163: 1231-1249https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2021.11.091
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: The authors acknowledge research funding from the National Institutes of Health F32HL160058 (ARD).
Disclosures: Authors have no commercial support to disclose.
IRB/Informed Consent: All elements of this study were prospectively approved with waiver of individual patient consent by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) at Stanford University (IRB: #56359 Approved 11/18/2021).
Read at the 48th Annual Meeting of the Western Thoracic Surgical Association, June 22 - 25, 2022, Koloa, Hawaii.